Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our First Taste of Waiting

We've been officially waiting for just over a month so I thought I should post something about it.  Before we finished our homestudy, I didn't have a very good idea of what contact with our social worker would look like once we no longer had regular meetings or other "to do's" to send her.

Once a month we get a summary update from our social worker.  It has lots of general information about what's been happening at the local adoption agency:  how many moms they are working with (including how many are thinking of adoption or thinking of parenting -- since they provide support for both), babies born in the last month, and (most exciting) whether our profile has been shown.  The June update included that our profile was shown to one mom this month but she has picked a different waiting family.  There are certain situations where our social worker will contact us before our profile is shown, other times we'll just find out in the summary.

This month has just flown by.  I did mention to my husband a week ago, that I should figure out a master list to put somewhere of everything that needs to be done or purchased yet before a baby arrives.  In the back of my mind, I'm worried we'll end up in a situation where we don't have much time between when we find out and when meet baby.  Maybe a list will help me keep my sanity.  Maybe I just like lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...