Friday, August 3, 2012

Waiting and Psalms

Another month of waiting has flown by.   July was a month of visiting it seems.   Besides trips to see family over Fourth of July and our trip to the cabin with my side of the family, we also had my parents visit, my grandparents, two girlfriends from college with their kids came for a day, and a quick visit from a former co-worker with her family.  Being busy sure helps me not think about the waiting as much...


This scripture from Psalms was part of my devotional reading when we first started our wait.  I hung it on the fridge and I read it several times a day.  It encourages me daily so I thought I'd share.

20 We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22  (NIV)

Also:
 20-22 We're depending on God;
he's everything we need.
What's more, our hearts brim with joy
since we've taken for our own his holy name.
Love us, God, with all you've got—
that's what we're depending on.

Psalm 33:20-22 -- The Message (MSG) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...