Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yesterday was Dad's birthday.  We had a fun day celebrating together as a family.

Last week while Dad was out of town, we wrapped his gift in plain white paper and my little boy decorated it.

The activity in our advent calendar said "Make something yummy for others to enjoy" and we did!  We made some Christmas treats that Daddy enjoys -- "bacon and eggs" (pretzels, almond bark, yellow M&Ms), pretzels with melted Hugs and M&Ms, and dipped pretzels.  Then we made some crazy cupcakes (added food coloring after filling the cupcake tins and swirled).  I think I'm going to freeze some of the cupcakes for Christmas, to enjoy after we can sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.

Then we went out to eat and he opened presents.  On the way home from the restaurant, we stopped a large local Christmas lights display (the kind that are coordinated with music).  It was such a fun evening.

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and father to our son.  This morning our little boy woke up and asked "is it still Dad's birthday?".  I think he had fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...