Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Reflecting on another year...

I realized as I turned my calendar today (seriously how can it be October!), that I'd totally neglected marking another year since we moved to our gravelly road and I began my stay-at-home-mom adventure.  Because this time the "anniversary" snuck up on me, I haven't done nearly as much reflecting.  For the most part, last year's post is still accurate.  Especially this:
"I am confident I am where I need to be right now.  Before I know it, my son will be spending the "best" of his day at school.  Right now I am so thankful to be spending it with him.  I don't want to miss this time.  So we'll read books, play silly games, explore outside, play pretend, and leave the dishes in the sink, the dust to collect, and the laundry waiting to be put away on the sofa.  I'm no longer paid with a paycheck, but the extra hugs, giggles and smiles are well worth it."
Sometimes it feels like my days of working and programming were a lifetime ago already.  I used to get up at what time?  ride the bus for how long?  only see my son for how many hours before he went to bed? 

At the same time, I've been thinking about college memories with our 10 year reunion coming up soon.  Can my college years really be that long ago?  Remembering fun memories with friends, classes I enjoyed and how hard I worked to earn my degree (that I'm not currently using). 

Sometimes I'm too quick to say that I'm "just a mom" when someone asks what I do.  I'm a mom.  Its a joy, a privilege and a blessing.  I'm so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. We still miss you here! (By the way... you are still "on call" for some of our jobs!) But I'm glad that you are enjoying your time with Isaac! There are definitely times where I'm envious of your situation! I'm glad it's all worked out for you and your family and that you wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you guys too! Doesn't surprise me that I'm still listed "on call"...

      There are definitely challenges and benefits to each choice in different seasons of life. Sometimes I'm amazed by the path my life has taken -- so many things I never even anticipated when I graduated college 10 yrs ago! So blessed.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...