Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Learning with Dad

 
In this last two weeks my husband has been blessed by having a few extra days off.  One of my favorite things is to see my husband and son go down to the big shed to work on stuff together (and not just because I enjoy the break).  I'm always amazed at how much he's learning while out there helping Dad. 

One Saturday while he was helping Dad clean up around the tool box, they sorted the wrenches by metric and standard.  Then the kiddo put them in size order in the wrench racks.  I was impressed.

There is a special work bench where Dad lets him "build" with scrap wood, glue and sometimes a hammer and nails (supervised).  There's also an apron and paint to decorate his creations.

They have also been working on making a wood toys together.  Recent toys that they've built together include a crane, bulldozer, trains and train cars.   I love to hear our kiddo explain the diagrams in the book of woodworking plans to me and what pieces go where. 

Of course he is the happy tester of all the projects.  He is blessed by Dad's woodworking hobby!


Another great reminder to me that learning happens all day long -- especially when kids are observing and helping a parent -- and not just during planned educational activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...