Monday, December 1, 2014

Fourteen Years Ago...

It was a snowy Friday afternoon, near the end of a busy semester.  Papers, projects, finals prep and deadlines.

It was that snowy afternoon when my sweetheart came to visit and asked me a question.

"Will you go for a walk with me?"

But it was a cold, snowy afternoon and I was exhausted.  I wanted to stay in.

"Will you go for a walk with me if we stop for hot chocolate first?"

I relented.  So we went for a walk on that snowy afternoon, along the path near the lake, away from the busy campus and the reminders of papers, projects, finals and deadlines.

"Can we sit for a minute?"

On a bench, near the frozen lake, on that snowy Friday afternoon, our conversation took a more serious turn.  Special memories, love, forever.

And then he was on his knees in the snow with a ring, on that snowy afternoon to ask me a question.

"Will you marry me?"

And on that snowy Friday afternoon fourteen years ago, I said "Yes."


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...