Monday, September 10, 2018

Book Review: Crack Yourself Up Jokes for Kids

I have a different type of book review than normal today.  A kids joke book, specifically "Crack Yourself Up Jokes for Kids" by Sandy Silverthorne.  With three elementary school kids in our home, jokes are part of our day. We already have a collection of fun kids joke books yet this joke book by Sandy Silverthorne was a hit right away. 



As a mom, while I don't always enjoy listening to kids jokes, I love having clean kids joke books around as they encourage my readers to read out loud and figure out the words they don't know (you can't skip unknown words in a joke!).  It warms my heart to see my younger children asking their big brother for help with a word or watch them proudly read a practiced joke to dad after supper. Even better is that the jokes in this joke book were not just read and laughed about, but favorites were memorized to share with grandparents and friends.

The small size of the book makes it great to bring along in the car or to tuck in a bag for entertainment while waiting. This fun collection of jokes would also make a good gift for any joke loving kid in your life.

** I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my unbiased feedback. All opinions are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...