Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Book Review: The Middle Matters by Lisa-Jo Baker


 



I just finished this brand new book "The Middle Matters: Why the (Extra) Ordinary Life Looks Really Good on You" by Lisa-Jo Baker. I slowly savored this book as my go-to summer read, treasuring each chapter, written in essay form.  This book meets readers right in middle season of life, love, motherhood, parenting, friendship, and living in/appreciating our own bodies.

I have enjoyed author Lisa-Jo's heartfelt writing for quite a while, previous books as well as social media posts and blogs. Her writing has a way of drawing you into her stories, connecting to your own, and encouraging you right where you are.  Because Lisa-Jo bravely shares on so many topics impacting the middle seasons of life, this book can encourage so many people, even if their story is wildly different than the author's. Reading each chapter is like having a wonderful conversation with a friend who isn't afraid to be herself and share the good, hard, wonderful and challenging.

I'd gladly recommend this book to friends and likely will read it a second time. 



I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book, thank you to Lisa-Jo Baker and Waterbrook Multnomah for the advance copy. All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...