Monday, May 19, 2014

Books While We Wait - May 2014 edition

As you know, we are buying a new children's book each month while we wait. Since the original post has gotten rather long to keep reposting, I'm trying something different.  I will still update the original list and have added a link near the header, but each month I will only post about the new book.  If you want to see the entire list, please feel free to click on the link at the bottom and review the other ones :)


Wild About You! by Judy Sierra


This book was on my wishlist for a while so when I saw it at our local library, we checked it out right away.  Our son loved it and was so excited to get a copy for our family!

This book is about zoo animal families of many kinds, including some that wish they had babies but don't -- pair of pandas and a tree kangaroo.  Eventually their "wildest wishes" come true in unexpected ways, creating families that celebrate differences.  I also appreciate the fact that the animal families work together and help each other in the book, because "raising a baby takes a whole zoo!"

Yes this book has adoption themes, but its a book any child would enjoy so it would be great for families that want to talk about the idea of adoption to their child as questions come up about a friend, neighbor or relative.  I'm pretty sure we've already read it more than ten times so I know its a hit at our home on the gravelly road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...