Thursday, July 31, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Begin

This week I'm again participating in Five Minute Fridays hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker, encouraging bloggers to write on a prompt unedited for five minutes.  I didn't want to miss this week -- its the last time Lisa-Jo will be hosting Five Minute Fridays at her blog.  Next week the passionate and loving Five Minute Friday community it will be "meeting" at Kate Motaung's blog.  This week's prompt: BEGIN


GO

Sometimes the beginning takes the most bravery.

Something new.  Something unknown.

Taking that first step out the front door and beginning a new journey.

When I stand at the point of beginning, I usually can't see the end or even how many twists, turns, rocky or smooth places the road may contain.  The not-knowing often adds to my fear but yet if I knew all I'd need to walk through, I might not be able to take that first step.

Kindergarten is just one month away for our precious son.  A huge important beginning for him.  It is the topic of frequent conversation and soon we'll busy getting everything ready for his first day.  His excitement reminds me of the hope and potential that a new beginning brings.

This fall is a beginning for me too.  A new schedule, new normal.  I've been praying and pondering how best to use the days while he is at school.  Volunteering, a job, something else.  I struggle to wrap my mind around what this new normal might look like.

I've also been pondering the beginning of our adoption journey that seems so long ago now.  I was so certain that there would be another little one in our family by the time our son headed off to kindergarten.  I couldn't see the winding path that brings us to this point, this transition.  In many ways I'm thankful for that.

I trust in God who knows all beginnings, sees all endings and all the winding curves in between.  Whether it be the first step or a hundred steps later, He is there beside me reminding me that everyday is its own new beginning.

STOP

Today, I am linking once again with the passionate and loving Five Minute Friday community, hosted each week by Lisa-Jo Baker.  Come join the fun.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...