Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hello Mornings Challenge Update -- First Month

Well, I've finished the first month of the challenge and it seems to be working...  I'm consistently getting up 30 minutes to an hour before Isaac.  It has been a blessing to have that time set aside to read the Word.  I often even have time to just sit, drink my coffee and be quiet.  I have no idea how mothers of 3, 4, or 5 kiddos do it -- sometimes my 3 year old is just too much noise for me to handle!  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that for years a significant portion of my day was spent programming with headphones on....

I haven't yet worked in the exercise or planning goals into my mornings.  A few times when Isaac slept late, I did finish a Xbox Kinnect workout.  It can be pretty fun to do the workouts with Isaac around though -- he's great at cheering and loves to join in when I do the kick boxing! 

The accountability group online that I'm in has been very quiet -- there are around 20 people that are supposed to be checking in but many days its just a few.  For me it matters more that I've made a commitment to do this so I want to see it through

1 comment:

  1. That 30 min-1 hour is a big deal. It is so hard to get up and hit the ground running with the kids, but it is equally hard to get up until you "have" to. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...